Some of you may be wondering where I’ve been, and why it’s been so quiet here. This post is for those of you who are curious about what’s been up with me that’s been keeping me away from my beloved blog.
1) I got a dog. He’s a beautiful pooch, and has a great personality. I’ve never had a dog before, so I’ve been doing a lot of research on dog training and ownership to figure out what the heck I’m supposed to do.
Here’s a pic of him. His name is Dexter. We think he’s a chiuaua/dashund/terrier mix. We got him from the shelter. So many dogs are being abandoned these days. Anyway, the kids love him, hubby loves him, and I for sure love him.
2) While I love this blog, and writing, I’m starting to feel like I’ve said everything there is to be said. I know that’s not true. You may see a bit of a refocus on this blog before long, in an attempt to dig into other avenues of education, homeschooling, and personal growth. Zenschooling and Real Cons might play into that. Stay tuned.
3) Toastmasters and my UU church have taken over a bit more of my life than I expected. I am the president of my local Toastmasters club. I’m also the outreach committee chair for our UU church. Although these things don’t take a whole lot of time, it requires a bit of shuffling of my intentions.
4) I lost the writer’s urge. For some reason, I just wanted to read, watch movies, and play games. I guess you could say that I was input-oriented. Perhaps this was a way for my brain to take a break, or to gather material to write about.
5) Lastly, I’ve been gearing up for NaNo, trying to get some things done – including spending time with my family before going into hiding.
None of these things by themselves would keep me from writing on JE. Put together, they add up to zero blogging.
Today, I already wrote over 1000 words for my NaNo book. And I wrote this post. I’m starting to feel the writer’s urge again. It really feels good to write. I forgot how good. Know what I mean?