I’m subscribed to quite a number of blogs. Most of them, however, don’t have regular updates. I’m looking for some more blog reading material. Also, I feel like there are so many good blogs out there, but I’m missing them!
Here are five of my favorite blogs to follow, because they have regular content and lots of food for thought.
1) Problogger Blog Tips – I swear, 90% of this blog’s content is usable in some way. There is a reason this guy is a professional blogger, and makes a lot of money doing it. His titles and content keep me coming back for more.
2) Sometimes I’m Actually Coherent – A blog that is near and dear to my philosophical heart. So often I’ll pop over to read his most recent post and by the end I’m in awe because he’s said an exact thing that I want to say, but so much better than me. I admit, however, that Timothy can be a little long-winded at times (hmm… sounds familiar). And I don’t always agree with him (hmm… also sounds familiar). Never stops me from coming back to see what he has to say.
3) Zen Habits – Oh man, if you haven’t seen zen habits, you’re missing out. Chalk full of good advice, ideas and stories. Mostly lists of advice. Easy to digest. Lots of food for thought.
4) The Rejecter and Writer Unboxed – I’m cheating and putting two blogs for #4 because they are both writing blogs. The Rejecter is an agent’s unfiltered view of the writing industry. She answers a lot of reader mail. And Writer Unboxed is a team of editors who give their take on the industry. It’s a good well-rounded couple of blogs to get a good idea of what it takes to become a novelist/author.
5) HEM News and Commentary – If something is going on in the homeschooling world, Valerie will post about it. Not just that, but she gives lots of food for thought on what’s going on, and gives links to other great sources for news and info.
There are about 5 more blogs I could add to this list. Right now, these are the 5 blogs I have been reading regularly over the past months. I like to point them out because they are doing something right. And for those of us who have fledgling blogs who want to grow up, these are good blogs to look at.
What are your 5 favorite blogs right now, and why do they keep you coming back again and again?