1) They are so, incredibly, enthusiastic. Whether they are building, talking, asking questions, traveling, reading, playing games, riding their bikes, fighting, crying, singing or giving me a hug, they do it with gusto. They are a great example of what it means to live every moment to the fullest.
2) They say the cutest and most admirable things. There are often times when the kids will notice something, look at me a certain way or do something that strikes me as amazing, and I think, “OMG, my kids are so great! I love my kids!”
3) They love to read. We all love to read. They have stacks of books in their beds. We hang out in bookstores and the library for fun. We read each other’s books. I just love that about them.
4) They deeply love and care for other people. And each other. Even though they fight, they also protect each other openly and passionately. They give each other hugs, say they are “sorry” (and mean it), and help each other with things purely because they want to.
5) They put up with me. I drag them around, I ask a lot of them, and I do get crazy at times with my cleaning, writing, errand running, and talking to other moms. They put up with all of my imperfections and still love me, by golly.
What are 5 things you love about your kids?