HSC Conference: Day 2

As we wind down at the end of the day, it’s hard to imagine that it’s already over.

We ended up sleeping in late this morning. The children didn’t wake up until 8. So hubby and I took advantage of this and stayed asleep in the dark room. Once we woke up, had breakfast and headed out to the conference sessions, we had missed the first time block. Which means, we missed Gordon Neufeld. According to everyone I talked to today, I absolutely must watch the DVD of the session. So, that’s on my list of things to buy before the end of the weekend.

While we waited for the second set of sessions to start, the kids explored the games and crafts deck. They could have stayed out there for a lot longer, but we scooted them along to the second session. Although they protested at first, they were fine with our move once they saw the selection of colors for making balloon animals. A group of kids (and parents) going wild over balloons – it doesn’t get much better than that.

We gathered lunch from Trader Joe’s, then headed off to our next session: Dr. Art’s Science. We lasted about 10 minutes before the kids couldn’t sit still any longer, then moved to the preschool playroom. They had a good time in there with freeform play. After a little time in there, we went to a short art session on using golf balls, paint and boxes to create masterpieces.

After a little longer in the playroom, I headed out to do my talk with Pam Sorooshian. After a little bit of technical difficulty, we had a nice 1.5 hours of chatting with a diverse audience, who had wonderful questions and observations. I had mentioned that my favorite part of speaking is hearing people’s stories. I wasn’t disappointed this time either. I talked to two people in particular after the talk about their stories, and one of the women made a mind-bending observation about behavior that I’ll be thinking about for days. I love the post-talk chats! I should schedule in an extra hour just for that. But, I think my hubby, who watches the kids while I speak, wouldn’t appreciate that much.

We went to Buca DeBeppo’s for dinner and then sat in the grove listening to the end of a concert. A few friends dropped by our table to say “hi”, and then we all headed back to the room to collapse.

It doesn’t sound like a whole lot, but it sure felt like it. We’re all exhausted. But it’s a good exhaustion. Hopefully we’ll all sleep like a rock tonight so that we’ll be ready for tomorrow’s even busier schedule.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: